Wondering which type of fuel would be perfect for your bike? Being a biker means you know all the ins and outs of your motorcycle, which is why it is essential for you to understand which type of fuel would suit your bike best and why.
First of all, there are basically two types of fuels for bikers: High octane and regular fuel. Both of these have their own advantages and disadvantages. Let’s have a look at them:
Overview of High Octane Fuel
High octane offers the following:
- Improved performance: High octane fuel is known to provide considerably improved engine performance for bikers.
- Better fuel efficiency: The fuel efficiency and mileage are comparatively better if you’re using High Octane fuel.
- Extended life of engine oil: Thanks to High Octane fuel, the lifespan of your bike’s engine oil is prolonged.
- Too expensive: The only drawback of High Octane fuel is that it tends to be too expensive.
Overview of Regular Fuel
Regular fuel has the following attributes:
- Affordable: First things first, regular fuel is significantly affordable for the everyday biker.
- Requires regular oil change: If you’re using regular fuel, you will need to get your engine oil changed on a routine basis.
- Average performance: The engine performance is average for those bikes running on regular fuel.
- Relatively low fuel efficiency: The fuel efficiency is relatively low as regular fuel provides average mileage.
In short, High Octane Fuel is the recommended choice for those bikers who can easily afford it. Despite the fact that Regular Fuel leads to comparatively low fuel efficiency and engine performance, those who are looking for an affordable choice should go with it.